CLUB RACING - DIVISION 3 IS STARTING UP
Jan 12, 2020 is the first official Div 3 (Cruising Class) Race!
Thank you again for expressing interest in participating in the Div 3 (Cruising Class) Club Racing
Once again, I want to reinforce the goal of the Div 3 class is to be a fun, no pressure class of racing with the opportunity to take advantage of some education and mentoring from club members.
As discussed Div 3 racing will be available every week, but there is no pressure to participate. It would be great if each boat can get out a couple of times a month and there is always an option to crew on other boats or participate as race committee.
Upcoming training / skills development: to support Div 3 new and returning racers, there will be a number of training opportunities in January. Please note these sessions are open to any club member or crew interested in club racing.
- Racing 101 - January 7 at 6:00 p.m. at the clubhouse
- Sailing skills (based on the needs of the group) - Jan 14, 21 & 28th at 5:00 p.m. at the clubhouse
- Race Committee 101 - Jan 24 at 6:30 p.m. at the clubhouse
A few boats have indicated they may need crew and we have a seven people who are interested in crewing (if they are not taking their own boats out). We will be looking for someone to crew on Eden on Jan 12.
For those who have indicated they are interested in crewing or need crew, please let me know if you are okay with me sharing your email address with the Div 3 skippers and crew list. I will also set up an event invite on the CFSA Facebook page to connect.
Reminders for skippers:
- Please complete the CFSA Racing Registration Form and return to the Fleet Captain’s mail slot or email at fleetcaptain (at ) cfsaesq.ca
- Get a “Club Rating” assigned by our Club Handicapper, Jack Stacey. Please contact Jack by Email at wy537 (at) hotmail.com
I look forward to seeing everyone on Jan 7th!