Junior Sailing Team - April Registration
As you know we've been trying to get our Spring Season up and running. COVID and staffing have proven challenging. We were ready to begin our season when the 'circuit breaker' was announced. Though sailing was not banned, we felt it was not the right message to send on the almost the same day as Dr Henry's announcement. We feel that we are ready now to start up. The first session will be Saturday April 17 1100-1400.
Because of the changes and now 'half-month' our online payments are in a bit of disarray,` We're asking you to register through our website for the remainder of April here:
Register right away as participation will likely be limited to 10 athletes.
Cost will be $75.00 + tax, and $150 for subsequent months. Our online payments should be back and sorted shortly. For April A CFMWS invoice will follow to those who have registered once we've got things going.
The training will take place Saturdays and Wednesdays. Unless you're able to find crew that are within your household (brother/sister) we are restricting our team to singlehanded boats (Opti & Laser).
Saturdays 17 & 24 April 11-1400
Wednedays 21 & 28 April 1630-1830
- Please ensure your sailor has done a symptom check using the BC COVID 19 health check: https://bc.thrive.health/
- Masks are expected to be worn on the dock.
- Please come dressed for sailing. Changing areas are not provided as a COVID safety measure. Remember - it can still be cold, and sailors should expect to get wet.
- Please bring your own PFD, and helmet if you wear one
- We asks parents to stay off the dinghy dock, feel free to watch from the mast crane, or the grass.
- The brow / gangway to the docks are one way, so please wait for traffic to clear.
We are very lucky to have Jonathan Kelly as our advanced racing coach. He will be here for a few weeks in April before he heads off to yet another international regatta on his 49er.
He will be back for August summer camps. Our Green fleet coach comes to us from SNSYC and has several years of coaching experience you will see him around the club a lot this year.